Thursday, April 26, 2007

My OWN Mind.

1:30 p.m.

I have thought all night and finally my plan for our escape is complete. Hey Daniel, want to hear about it? Daniel! Where are you! Oh there you are, you scared me! I thought they came in at night and took you while I was asleep, like they took that guy with the weird noises in the room next to ours in the middle of the night just last week.

Well, back to the point. Remember that elevator I spotted on my way to the electric chair last time our plan was discovered? These fools just don’t understand that I don’t die! They will keep electrocuting me forever and still I will never die! This time we will make loud noises, and when they come to take me to the electric chair, you will hide inside me Daniel, like you always do when anyone is around, but you will have to leave me when they tie me to the chair, and hide anywhere in the electrocution room. They always leave me alone during the electrocution.
Okay Daniel?

Then you will keep hiding, I suggest behind the thick cables in the back of the room, and if anyone came near you, use your disappearing powers like you did when they almost spotted you in spring. You are clever Daniel, I wish I had some of your powers, but I guess I am blessed with living forever!

After that, when they return me to my room, we will have to wait till night. You will then sneak out and open the door to my room from the red button out there. We will then quietly sneak to the elevator and find our way to the floor below us where they have unbarred windows. This is our way out. We will use our flying powers and fly off the window. You will be the guide of course since you can disappear. Okay?

Shhh! Someone is coming. I think it’s my wife. Wait! Yes it is her, I recognize her footsteps. Quick Daniel, hide!

-Mathew, how are you today honey!

-I’m feeling much better, Samantha. What brought you early today?

-I finished work early honey; tell me, did anyone mistreat you?

-Only the guard to my cell, the one with the white coat. Samantha, I am planning to escape tonight!

-What? Mathew! Again? Oh no!

-Listen to me! Daniel is going to help me.

-But Mathew…

-Just listen to me honey, listen! And for God’s sake stop crying!

-No YOU listen to me Mathew, there is no Daniel, there is no prison, there are no special powers, you are sick honey and this is just a hospital. Didn’t I show you the tapes from the camera up there? There was no Daniel!

-Daniel can disappear. No one sees him but me. And right now he is hiding inside me.

-Stop it Mathew, please stop it!

-Keep quiet honey, someone is coming! It’s the guard. Don’t tell anyone about my plan tonight and please stop crying!

-Come here Mrs. Grant, its okay. It is time for his tranquilizer shot.

-Dr. Woods! He’s just getting worse. He is completely disoriented.

-Would you please go home and leave this to us, I promise you we are doing our best.

-It has been 2 years now, to be honest, I lost any hope of getting my Mathew back. This is a totally different person.

-Just go home; I will call you tonight to tell you how he’s doing and please don’t talk to him about his illness next time. This just makes it worse.

-I’m sorry. I just thought he was better; he didn’t speak of Daniel for the past three weeks. I thought it was over.




2:00 a.m.

-Hello? Mrs. Grant? Sorry for waking you up.

-Y..Yes, who is it?

-It is Dr. Woods. I am afraid I have some bad news.

-What! What happened? Is Mathew okay?

-Ah, I’m sorry but Mathew is dead!

-Oh my God!

-We found him lying dead in the car park. He jumped off a window.

-Oh my God!

-He made a fuss just after midnight and was sent to have an electroconvulsive session, and then back to his room. After that we found his body in the hospitals car park. We’re still investigating and we are not sure how he managed to get out of his room. Someone did help him open that room from the outside.

- You mean someone killed him?

- No, it is just that he got help from someone. Did he tell you anything today when you visited him?

-He did mention escaping. But he said Daniel is going to help.

-Daniel? Mrs. Grant, you do know that Daniel does not exist!

-I’m sorry but that’s what he said. Well, it is all over now.

-I’m sorry again Mrs. Grant.

- Thank you Dr. Woods. But you do know that I will press charges against the hospital!

-It is your right, but you will have to wait till the FBI finishes investigating the death; they are going to give you a visit tomorrow morning by the way.

-I need to go please.

-bye!

-bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna know the rest! Great writing, honey!

Wife xoxox

Anonymous said...

great story.. continue with the next chapter!!!!