Tuesday, May 01, 2007

3WW #33

background, swings, against.

I closed my eyes, then opened them again.Still, I could see nothing but darkness. I crawled a bit further where I could blend with the dark background. I had to put my gun down as I crawled to pick up the pace. Now I am totally invisible to all. I leaned against the dark wall behind me, I took my war helmet off; it was so heavy and I had been wearing it for quite a while. It’s time for a cigarette. I am finally in a secure place where I can think of a smoke. I smiled slowly as I lighted up my cigarette. Oh, great, this is all I need.

Suddenly, I heard something hit the dark wall beside my head. Oh my God, someone spotted me and is shooting. Judging from the silent shots and darkness; a sniper must have spotted my cigarette. Ouch! A hit in the shoulder, Ouch! Another one! I laid down flat on the ground, too much pain, I couldn’t move a muscle. Everything around me went was still again. The only thing moving around me was my helmet that swings from my gun. I knew I was finished; but all I could think about was the cigarette covered with dirt between my fingers.

No comments: