Wednesday, May 02, 2007

3WW #34

bare, rumble, watch.

(I have little time today so I will keep this as short as i can.)
Sam had to be as quick as ever. He had only time to pick the bare essentials; his fishing pole and his school bag! He could hear the rumble of his stomach as he watched his burger sink to the bottom of the lake. That was just perfect. He was already late, hungry and had no idea how he's going to get back home. He looked at his watch, it was indeed late. The picture of his father punishing him and even beating him blocked his mind. He was sure that this time his father will definitely know that he hasn't been going to school. And even worse, he has been doing what his father had forbidden him to do; he has been fishing alone.
'But What forces me to get back to this mess?" jumped the very fair question to his mind.
'I'll just stay, have fun then go to my aunt's where i could eat'.
A good idea.
'But then, why should I go to my aunt. I have enough money, I am 9 years old. I can live alone.' thought his young mind.'Maybe I should just disappear'
Even a better idea!
so Sam just unpacked, sat on his favorite spot, hooked some bait and whistled the rest of his day off.
He was free!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it were only so easy to disapear :)

Gay said...

Boys and fishing... and food. Great.

Judy said...

I like Sam's attitude. ;-)

Bone said...

Nice story, Insomniac. I love Sam's logic.